Saturday 4 September 2010

Sonic Soak at Govanhill Baths


I'm a little late in posting this. This event took place last weekend at Govanhill Baths in Glasgow - a disused swimming pool - two weeks ago. Sadly, I could only be there for the first couple of hours but I had great fun taking photos. It was a two day music festival with all sorts of contraptions, costumes and performances. This was my favourite photo, partly because I loved this woman's costume. 




Here you can see more of the old pool in all it's glory. You can learn a little more about the baths and about the group who organised the event from the links below. 

www.govanhillbaths.com/

www.85a.org.uk

Why are semi-derelict places so interesting? Here are couple of photos from my walkabout.




This place brought back so many memories!


You can see others in the set on Flickr if you want to see more of the place and of the event.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/impoftheyard/sets/72157624700694135/with/4934012165/

I have many photographs to sort out - even a few from the Edinburgh Festival Fringe which has been over for a week and then some more so I shall be blogging again soon. Sorry for my absence but a lot has been going on the week and I've not been very well. Still coughing but on the mend...

5 comments:

  1. I love that shot at the top too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nostalgic place - what a shame it was allowed to become so run down. Have a good weekend Irene! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can remember swimming in a similar baths many years ago. Those tiles are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old places, especially swimming pools. Mundy and I used to do sunpainting in an old pool in Zimbabwe. Magic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks amazing! Just love places like that!

    ReplyDelete