Wednesday 8 September 2010

Who knows what's next?


I've been pretty busy with one thing and another lately and so am behind in uploading photos to Flickr. I have a lot from the weekend I'd like to sort through. The one above is from my wanderings a few weeks ago when the Edinburgh Festival Fringe was in full swing. I really liked it since, though it looks like selective colour, it's not. I also really liked the shadows. It also seemed to epitomise my feelings about my future at the moment. I have now got some part-time work in Edinburgh one or two days a week and will begin next week. I'm looking forward to it. I also have another interview on Friday for similar work which is in a field that I love. This represents movement where there has been none lately. Wish me luck!

You may have noticed missing Tuesday blogs the last couple of weeks. I was unwell and not fit to go to the life drawing classes but I returned last night. 



This was my favourite drawing in spite of some inaccuracy and distortion. Somehow I liked the feel of it. I did feel a little rusty from missing a few weeks. I had every intention to draw at home in the interim but never did.

Hope your week is going well. The weekend is getting closer people!

6 comments:

  1. I like that top shot more each time I look at it. Good drawing too!

    Is it the weekend yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your interviews! Glad you are better and I like the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about the part-time work and more so that it's in a field that you love.

    I really like this drawning, you have so much talent.. keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely drawing Imp, with great shading. Good luck with the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These mtallic spheres always remind me of those in Sheffield. Good luck with the job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for the job interview and the work. All going in the right direction.
    Feeling under the weather can really drag you down and make everything seem much more insurmountable so hopefully you are feeling better and the future is looking a lot brighter for you. Enjoy your weekend. xxxx

    ReplyDelete