Sunday 10 October 2010

Caledonian Hotel Edinburgh


Caledonian Hotel Edinburgh, originally uploaded by impoftheyard.

This was taken last night when the lovely man and I were on our way to friends for a meal. It's an impressive building and I had passed it many times before I noticed all the figures on the front of it. I was enjoying the lights and colours of night-time Edinburgh last night.

We had a really lovely evening with our friends and excellent nosh! I want to try to blog a bit more often and focus on taking a picture a day again. I'm not carrying my SLR as much since I have a lot to carry when I'm going to Edinburgh these days but I have a perfectly good compact for just those occasions.

I hope you're having a nice weekend all.

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, nice one! I've found myself going back to using my compact more recently, I just really like that 'fits in yer pocket' freedom thing some days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's certainly a beautiful building, especially at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful night shot! My husband gave me his 'discarded' iPhone which I find very handy for taking snapshots wherever I am.

    ReplyDelete