Tuesday 13 April 2010

Lovely Kildonan, Isle of Arran


This photo was taken from the little balcony of our hotel room in Kildonan on the Isle of Arran. I love this place and have been pining for it. It's two years since the lovely man and I have been here.




This is the window of our hotel room. We are staying at the Kildonan hotel which is where we always stay. It's beautiful, the food is tremendous and the staff are always nice. These balconies are a new addition since we were here last and they are great. Our first night we sat out at the little table and shared a bottle of wine - lovely. We have also been blessed with glorious sunshine though it looks a little grey today.




This is not my best seal photo but these three were there to greet us on our first morning when we woke here. This one is taken from the balcony.




A nearby walk culminates in finding many more seals. This one is making his gettaway as I got too close. 




Here are his mates chilling out on some rocks. I found a rock myself and sat on it... I think these seals are onto something.... This one is worth looking at bigger. 

Do check out the other pictures on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/impoftheyard There is a bird there that I didn't identify.

Signing off now to enjoy the fabulous cooked breakfast.

4 comments:

  1. It looks an absolutely fabulous place, and I love the one of the seals. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks idyllic - have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place looks wonderful.

    I sailed to Aran about 10 years ago and anchored off Lamlash in awful weather! The Island looked lovely as we sailed round it later and I must go back again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete