Wednesday 16 June 2010

Somewhere I'd never been before #5


A few days ago (yes I know I've been slow to blog lately), my friend's and I went to a cafe which is new to Glasgow. It's called ArtisanRoast. This is on of the tables which is made from an old prison door - one from a prison on the Isle of Bute. It's a lovely cafe with a nice atmosphere and very good coffee.



The lightshades are made from old gramophone trumpets.

We have a nice story about how we came to know about the place. A whole group of us were, some months ago, meeting to go to see Neil Innes perform. We all met in a pub and between us all we had a few spare tickets. We got talking to someone who was from New Zealand and new to Glasgow. He came with us to the gig. Now he is running this cafe. It's always lovely to have an unexpected nice time with a stranger but even better if you come across them again.

Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me, only my iPhone. I must go back and get you some good pics with my camera.

As usual, I was at life drawing yesterday. I have posted more pictures on Flickr but I'll just post my favourite from the night.


If you want to see more then you visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/impoftheyard

I've not been blogging so much and, especially in the nice weather, I'm trying not to spend as much time online. I have been cycling a fair bit which is nice. I do hope to catch up with my regulars soon.

I shall leave you with an entertaining video on the recent theme of choosing specs. If only I'd had this choice!

SPECS FOR SHOWGIRL

4 comments:

  1. That cafe looks so interesting, the tables are a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that drawing... and the video is very silly and just a little odd...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a rare find these days, a cafe that serves good coffee! Another excellent drawing Imp.

    ReplyDelete