Wednesday 30 June 2010

That time of week again

This was my favourite drawing from this week's batch though I was pleased with my chalk drawings too.


Here I gave full rein to my liking for portaiture. I quite like the resultant drawing though I'm not sure it was all that good a likeness. 



I was pleased with this drawing. Until these last few weeks I hadn't done much from life on black paper though I have done some drawings from photographs. It is somewhat of an experimental medium for me but one that I like a lot. This image seemed to achieve something that my previous chalk ones didn't.

I've started cycling to and from the life drawing too. By the time I come home in the evening I feel pretty good after meeting a pal, a couple of hours drawing and a cycle. If you enjoy looking at these, there are a few more on Flickr including some two minute sketches. 

Today, if I can find enough vegetables in the cupboard to produce something roughly nourishing then I shall be burrowing in for some tennis and a quiet day. Have a good one all!

7 comments:

  1. these are lovely Irene....love the headless one! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I'm impressed! The top one is my favourite too :-) Enjoy the tennis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These drawings are getting better and better every week. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Enjoy the tennis, although it's not our cup of tea at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Jon, they're getting better every week, but if I had to chose one it would be the top one! I must start looking out some classes for the autumn term, now I'm a lady of leisure....well almost!

    ReplyDelete