Wednesday 7 July 2010

Life drawing


My photojournal seems to be becoming a life drawing journal. I promise I will get out and about with the camera soon but this seems to be the way it is at the moment. Here was my favourite from last night's life drawing. I wasn't terrible enthused when the model was wearing this helmet but I did like the resultant drawing. 


I was also pleased with this drawing and drew this pose twice. You will see on the second one that the helmet is on her knee but omitted from this drawing.



We arrived late which meant I was sitting at a strange angle with the light shining at me and the model's outline emphasised. I thought this would lend itself to a chalk drawing. I find the chalk harder to control than the charcoal. I was pleased with the suggesting the face in this image with so few lines. 



Here is another drawing I was pleased with. It's a ten minute pose and shows a little of the almost paint-like quality of the charcoal which I like. 

As ever, there are more pictures on Flickr. The conditions were a little difficult this week as it was very busy and where I was sitting, the light was obscured by another person from time to time. Must go earlier next week! It is so wonderful to have a regular, well organised and cheap life drawing group. I am loving it! 


3 comments:

  1. Again, I'm impressed! I think the chalk drawing is my favourite, although I do like the top one with the helmet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Model wearing welders mask? Are sure you are at the right group!!

    Excellent drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all.....but I have to admit the chalk drawing is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete