Wednesday 28 July 2010

More life drawing


I was at life drawing group last night as usual. This was my favourite of my drawings. I particularly liked it because I had actually captured a fair likeness of the model. This was a ten minute pose. 

I had a couple of frustrations last night. One was that, though I'd packed my charcoal, I forgot to pack my pencil case with the chalk. That meant I didn't get the usual chalk drawing. Another was that my arthritis was playing up and I had sore hands. Finally, I was slightly frustrated by the prevalence of short poses - most of them were ten minutes last night.

Having said that, these were minor and I am always pleased I went. The group is so popular, it is getting more and more crowded. It would be good if they could book a second night. 



You may think that this man is standing on thin air but he was almost one legged as I nearly forgot the leg he's putting weight on! I had just started to draw it in when the pose ended so it's pretty rough but it seems to work.


Those hands were doing such complicated things that a ten minute pose was not long enough to attempt to get a realistic rendition of them. 



I had longer for this one but by then I was a bit sore and less motivated. The cushions just ended up being big black scribbles.... Ah well, I think he has something...

I will NOT forget my chalk next week. I missed it!

3 comments:

  1. More good stuff :-) Don't forget your chalk next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're getting better and better, well done you!! (but I have to admit I DO like the chalk ones, 5/10 for being a bad, bad girl ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. D'you know Imp, you're drawing is fab! I haven't looked for a couple of weeks due to visiting the UK, but these are all fabulous. I love the shoulder shrug in the first one especially.

    ReplyDelete