Monday 12 July 2010

My weekend



I had a lovely weekend with the lovely man as usual. We also met a few other people who are fellow blogger/photographers. Sandy - it was great to meet you and it was well overdue! The author of Photographs and Stories who lives in Orkney was also around and met up with us in Edinburgh. It has been a great experience making new friends through our shared interests.


This chap was very elusive and difficult to photograph on a windy day. Here was a glimpse through the foliage on the Water of Leith.



This chap was actually easier to photograph... If I'd known I would see him I'd have taken a bigger lens! Both of these images are cropped and all are taken with a 50mm lens.

Sandy, the woman who takes lensbaby photographs that I told you about is Mary Jo Bedford She takes some interesting shots.

3 comments:

  1. It was indeed a fine weekend and yes, it's a shame we didn't have our big lenses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the bigger lens, but wasn't by the water when the second chap was around. You see them birds frequently in the area (Jon will know what it is!)Enjoyed meeting you guys. Lets not make it so long until the next time! Will check out Mary Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! It's a Heron!

    Like the shot of SD skinny dipping!

    ReplyDelete