Friday 30 July 2010

The artist sleeps...


I went to visit a friend yesterday to photograph his paintings for an exhibition. Part of the deal was that I got to draw him. It was really hard when he sat for me as he couldn't sit still. He was a great model though when he fell asleep. I was quite pleased with this drawing.



I thought George Square in Glasgow was looking particularly nice yesterday morning in the sunshine. I was going to a course near here when I stopped and took this photo. The course was on marketing your business for those thinking of setting one up. I'm toying with the idea as the job situation is so bad. The course was excellent and really stimulated my thinking about it.

Today is the day that I join the lovely man so I'd better start to get organised... Have a great weekend folks.

4 comments:

  1. I like the sketch :-) Now get organised xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sketch too! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sketches, had a look on Flikr too.

    The Children's Mother and I may be up in Edinburgh and Glasgow (uni visits) during September, will keep you posted, so to speak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sketch!! Good luck with the 'toying with ideas' thingy....there's opportunities out there!

    ReplyDelete