Monday 2 August 2010

Cafe with friends


Those of you who have followed my photographs for any time at all will have seen these two of my friends very many times. Having more than two of us present affords better opportunities for candid photographs as they interact with each other. These were all taken with my Lumix LX3 - a compact. I thought mono suited them.



I love shots of people expressing themselves with their hands.


Here's another I liked.



Here's one I took at the weekend of the Usher Hall in Edinburgh. It was the first time I had really seen the new extension which you can see to the right in this picture. I was very disappointed. It reminded me of the scaffolding that had surrounded it but kind of covered. It's such a lovely old, stone building that this seems a shame.

4 comments:

  1. Nice set of shots.

    The new extension does look a bit incongrous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I recognise those guys... and that Hall...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, cafe society, there's nothing like it ;-)
    It's a shame they didn't come up with something a bit more imaginative for the Usher Hall, the extension could be anything from a shopping mall to a multi-storey carpark as far as design goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I don't think that extension should have got planning approval.

    ReplyDelete