Wednesday 18 August 2010

Yep... It was Tuesday last night...


I think this was my favourite drawing from last night. It was an unusual pose and interesting to draw. This one was a 30 minute pose. I was glad the model got up slowly as 30 minutes upside down is a long time!


I like this one too though the photograph is not as sharp as it could be. I don't know what I was doing but I couldn't change it easily as my camera battery is very low and I've misplaced the charger! Time to tidy up methinks.


This last one was a ten minute pose - again an unusual pose so quite interesting to draw.

You may remember last week's chalk pose of the woman hugging her knees. We had a journalist with us last week and here is the article: http://news.scotsman.com/news/A-pie-a-pint-and.6475782.jp There was another article from a media visit the week before in the Sun which you can imagine... http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3096820/Glasgow-pub-offers-art-classes-with-naked-models.html

I haven't brought myself to reading all of the Sun one but I actually thought their take on it quite funny - a caricature of themselves. 

You can't see me in the Scotsman photo but my little bottle of beer is in evidence on the table on the left!

Next week I will miss life drawing as I will be with my lovely man for a whole week and we will be in Edinburgh on Tuesday evening. Looking forward to a whole week of hanging out!


7 comments:

  1. Yep, these are up to your usual Tuesday standard :-) And yes, mine were taken with the Lumix.

    I'm looking forward to next Tuesday. And Monday, and Wednesday, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very good. I like the last one the best. And the press articles are marvelous! I will have to share with a friend of mine who hosts 'candlelight and wine' drawing sessions in her studio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the top one!! (2nd favourite is the 10 minute pose, great stuff!) I bet you're counting the hours till Friday....not long now, just 2 big sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps....just read the articles, The Scotsman definitely did a better job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful drawings, I really like the bottom one, the ten minute pose. looking forward to your shots from next week when your with SD and out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can really see how you are developing as an artist. I think my favourite is the last one - she looks enraptured - like a figure from a Bernini sculpture. beautiful. Enjoy your week with your man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Imp, that first drawing's really good, you've captured her well! Enjoy your week with SD.

    ReplyDelete