Wednesday 11 August 2010

Breath of Fresh Air



That's what life drawing was for me last night. Do you ever have days when you're stressed for no reason? Yesterday was like that for me. Life drawing just took me out of the nasty fretful place. That's why I love it so much - I stop thinking and just look and draw. This top one was my favourite from the night.


I really liked the nice sepia colour that my photos came out. The sun was shining when I took them and pad is a nice yellowy tint. It's a lovely large moleskin notebook. It was a bit of an extravagance but I hope my drawings are doing it justice.



It's funny how when I look at my drawings just when I finish them, I don't always like them. I wasn't all that pleased with this one but I like it a lot more today.



This last one was a ten minute pose where the top two were 20 minutes and the third one here was a half hour pose. I find ten minutes a bit tough going but 20 minutes is fine for most of my drawings.

I hope your week got off to a good start. Mine started badly but is looking up!

5 comments:

  1. Impressive, as always! I think the top one is my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed with your artworks, quite a talent for it I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like the 2nd one best this week....but it's a close call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent art work. I like each and everyone. So much talent you have, the shadowing on your art work is fantastic. glad to hear today is going better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Imp. You're a master at this life drawing. Or is it a mistress? Mundy says 'Mastress'!

    ReplyDelete