Tuesday 25 May 2010

Day trip to meet the family


I'm lucky enough to live so close to Arran that a day trip is possible. Since my cousins were on holiday there and live in England, I took the opportunity to visit. Here is a shot of Lochranza Castle. I liked the dramatic effect of the shadows of the clouds. This one is worth looking at bigger. Though some showers were forecast none materialised. It was, for me, a more beautiful day than the one before as it was one for no coat but it was a bit cooler. 




This oyster catcher was in some distress and came close to us. It took some time to realise we were close to its nest and even more time to know which direction to walk in to get away from the nest as we couldn't see it. What brave little creatures to take on three giants to protect an egg. There are some more photos on Flickr including one of it sitting down on what I presume to be its nest.

Here are my lovely cousins.







I hadn't seen them for many years and our contact with each other began recently. One of them I had not seen since childhood. In spite of that there are many similarities in our pasts and our interests. We have had Facebook contact for a while and found ourselves sharing the same daft sense of humour. There would appear to be a particular strand of this among the women in our familiy and those of you who have been following my blog will know that this is a very silly sense of humour! It was a wonderful day and passed all too quickly. 

I'll return later to pictures of places I've not been before. I think rather than consecutive days, I shall just keep that series going till I have ten of them and then I'll come up with something else to keep me posting. I'd better get myself organised as I have an interview today. Hope you're all getting some chance to enjoy the nice weather.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there with you... That birdie has a wonderful beak! I have everything crossed for this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that you were easily able to go and see your cousins, and I love that first shot.

    ReplyDelete