Friday 28 May 2010

Tribute to Flann O'Brien


I went with my friends to see The Third Policeman at the Tron Theatre. Some thirty odd years ago, all four of us pictured here read the novel by Flann O'Brien. It is very funny and very surreal. He discussed atomic theory where everything is made up of atoms which move about. When things come into contact with each other the atoms get all mixed up. Cyclists become more bike than human and bikes become more human than bike. How can you tell that someone is more bike than human - they stand at the bar with their elbow sticking out... You gotta read it as I don't do it justice but I had to explain what we're all doing. We also all cycled to the theatre tonight. It was a fun night. 



I really liked this one. I love how people express themselves with their hands.



It was harder to catch who I was sitting beside!



Here's a macro thrown in for good measure. See if you can guess what it is.

It was good to be going out tonight as I had had yet another job rejection today. I'm told repeatedly that I interview well and am a good candidate but there was just someone who had a little bit of something I hadn't. Back to the drawing board...

It's past my bedtime and I'm off to Edinburgh tomorrow to see the lovely man. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good read, and a good night! Enjoy the bank holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good evening, just the tonic after your disappointment. Love the second shot, as you say, very expressive.

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top shot too. It had to be done :-) No idea what the thing at the bottom is, but it looks kind of slimy and squiggly and not very appetising...

    See you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful night out and the photos are great. The job thing must be a bit dispiriting but keep going - someone will appreciate you and it will be the right job .... just a matter of waiting (which is difficult!). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read The Third Policeman for years, must see if I can dig it out! Sorry to hear about your disappointing news, but it'll be your turn soon.....keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps.....I reckon the mystery object is some of that fringey stuff in a tangled heap!

    ReplyDelete