Saturday 22 May 2010

Somewhere I'd never been before #4


Mr Duck and I went to the South Side Festival today in Queen's Park in Glasgow. It was held in a bit of the park I'd never been in before. We met up with our friend P and wandered around taking photos. What we saw of the events were not terribly exciting though it would have been a great event to take children too. The above image is of the a woman doing henna painting - with more time I think I would have enjoyed having this done. 




Some events seemed a bit lame - like this tyre flipping race. I'm of the age that I couldn't help thinking that they were going to hurt their backs!


It was a gloriously sunny day, as you can see here. 




This image is of a part of the facade of the new Victoria Infirmary building that I'd never seen before. I like the colours. 




Last but not least, you can see all three of us here if you look closely!

It's been a lovely day - warm and sunny but it's looking like a very hot and humid night. My window has been open since yesterday and it's 24 degrees C in here at almost 11pm!

Hope you've been having a good weekend. My jobhunt goes on and I learned today that I have an interview on Tuesday. Time for bed soon methinks. Night night all.

2 comments:

  1. A good day!

    It's been nice to relax and enjoy the warm sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, you've got it hotter than we have! Fingers crossed for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete