Tuesday 25 May 2010

More life drawing


Tuesday night has become a regular life drawing slot for my friend D and I. This was my first drawing of the evening and probably one of the best. I have been trying other mediums and this was drawn using a graphite stick. It was the size of a large crayon and I enjoyed drawing with it. I've not used them before.




This was another with the graphite stick - pity my composition slid off the page!

I use to love drawing on black paper and found a nice sketch pad online so I had a go at drawing with chalk. Here are some of the results. 







What a shame I've neglected doing something that I derive so much pleasure from - it's a decade since I've done any drawing. I particularly enjoy life drawing and the opportunity has not always been available but it's still possible to keep up with drawing other stuff. 

I hope you've enjoyed a little glimpse of tonight's efforts. I certainly enjoyed drawing them. 

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I've enjoyed it and I'm so glad you did too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 2 is good in my humble opinion, and I like the white on black of the other two below. My dad was always painting and drawing when we were growing up, and I used to do a bit. Unfortunately I've only done one pencil drawing since we came here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These drawings are good, keep at it particularly as it gives you so much pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog... So much to explore here..I shall definitely be back. Life drawing always frightened me - I veer more towards the art therapy type of daub it and see (much less taxing!). Janexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing my usual weekend catch-up thing again....I don't know where the time went this week! These are GOOD! I especially like the chalk on black ones, there's such a feeling of light captured somehow. I used to love life drawing but I haven't picked up a pencil in years....you've inspired me to ask around about night classes for the autumn

    ReplyDelete