Thursday 6 May 2010

For What It's Worth

I've been and done it... There won't be any surprises in this area but
it still felt important to do it.
Now I'm off to prepare some food as the Duck and I are having a long
weekend. We shall eat and then watch the circus unfold tonight. Wish I
could feel excited at the prospect of election night but alas, it's so
hard to like politicians. I think of the qualities which make for a
good leader who will work for the good of the country and then I think
of the qualities which would make someone want the job and survive in
it. Alas, in my head, it's a different set of qualities so I'm not
optimistic that I'll like politicians and political leaders any better
in the future. Like many voters today, I can be much clearer about
what I don't want.
Happy election day people.

EDIT Due to nasty spam. I have turned on comment moderation. I thought I'd done it yesterday but forgot to save changes - Doh!

3 comments:

  1. It's a long time since I felt any enthusiasm on election night.....the major parties all seem to have shuffled to the middle and I really don't like the minority manic edges. I put my cross in the box, but that's as good as it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I have a vote as an ex-pat I can't get excited about this one, and for the first time in my adult life I won't be staying up to watch the results come in. The hour time difference doesn't help, but it's also because there doesn't seem to be much of a choice among the main parties. Have a good weekend, whatever the result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our ballot papers didn't arrive in time - no surprise there - so no vote for us. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete