Tuesday 18 May 2010

Somewhere I'd never been before


I was sitting in a cafe yesterday (Monday) with my regular cafe-pal K and I told him of my plan to take a series of photos in places I'd never been before. I also told him that I couldn't really be bothered going anywhere. He then started to tell me of this church building which is local to us but in a street I'd never been along. Large brick buildings are really quite unusual in Glasgow and this one is particularly unusual. I love the brickwork around the arched windows.

The cross on the top was also really quite unusual and I wondered if the seagull was nesting up there as it seemed so settled.



I was out on my bike yesterday. I cycled to a hospital visit. I'll be taking the bike out again today. I'm hoping to cycle most days as I really need to get exercising. The hospital visit was difficult as the person I saw was very stressed and became ridiculously defensive when I was describing pain she didn't want me to have. I've not been at my best so I wasn't as assertive as I might have been. I'll need to prepare carefully for my next visit. The person I saw had been working in that clinic since 10am without a break. I left her at 3.30. She was telling me that there will be redundancies coming to the clinic too. I'm desperate to get work just now but the cuts within jobs are making people's working conditions really difficult.

3 comments:

  1. That's an interesting building and a good find. K pretty much knows everything, doesn't he...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful find that church is.
    You have pain that you didn't sign for? Outrageous! What a waste of NHS resources....

    One day and hopefully soon, it will dawn on someone that we don't need to be burdened with admin and red tape, or have glitzy new hospitals. What we need is more people 'on the front line' to take the pressure out of the clinics, to give us punters the help we need. We in Hexham have a brand new, multi million pound General Hospital, which providing you don't have a broken leg or become pregnant, you can use! I had to make a 50 mile plus journey to get to the ME clinic and The Children's Mother three similar trips to have her thumb taped up! The system is rotten.

    I read with interest that the Ward Managers on the Isle of Man have been re-designated as, yes, Ward Sisters! To concentrate on providing clinical care. Well blow me.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol at Jon, but very true. Fancy objecting to you having pain, the mind boggles! Nice church pics.

    ReplyDelete