Wednesday 12 May 2010

So what did I get up to today?

Those of you who saw my last post will know I had bad news today. I
was very disappointed and didn't want to be around the house on my
own. I went to meet my lovely niece and great-niece pictured here.
After a few hours with them I went to see a lovely friend who fed me
and let me photograph her beautifully drawn tattoo.
I have been overwhelmed by the kind comments here and on Facebook
today. I have also had texts from friends and family. It doesn't make
bad news go away but it does make me feel better about life. Thanks to
all.

PS My planned time of blogging soley from my iPhone will be finished on Friday. Though I've enjoyed learning about blogging and photographing with the phone on the move, I will be glad to take pics with a camera again. Need to think of another theme.

6 comments:

  1. Have to admit I'm fed up with The Iphone Project, but still intend to keep going until I reach 365 (30 July 2010). Theme suggestion (Diane Arbus)... "take a picture(s)of something or somebody you've never taken before or are afraid or in awe of ..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - what's this "Your comments will be visible after approval" thing?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you managed to get out and see them yesterday. That's quite a tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear the bad news about the job... what a disappointment. It doesn't make it any better to know you're not the only one going through this in the present mess the politicians and banks have got us all into. I sympathise, but I'm sure something else will come along and in the meantime it's great that you have family and friends to take your mind off it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blimey, that's some tattoo!

    I have sometimes thought about having it small tattoo, something discrete? Back on the IOM, it became popular among the young people (and not so young)to have a small Celtic Knot on a shoulder or ankle, which I thought might just do me.....

    The Children's Mother has just threatened to 'tattoo' me with her frying pan if I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had friends for company.

    ReplyDelete