Thursday 13 May 2010

Kirkintilloch

This will be the last blog in my series of mobile blogs from the
iPhone. I'm kind of glad of that. These photos were taken this
afternoon in Kirkintilloch. I had a trip there with my friend D who
can be seen in the second picture. We went to the local museum which
was once a church and is the next photo. They were exhibiting and
selling craftwork including ceramics which looked smoke fired. I
particularly liked the piece above which was ceramic and woven
material. I studied pottery some time ago and always love looking at
ceramics.

I will take photos this weekend, with one of my cameras, of anything
that grabs my interest. I've decided that next week my theme for
weekdays will be to take photos of any kind but in a place I've never
been before. Hopefully I will then be able to combine the quest with
cycling.

I'm very happy that the weekend is coming and that a certain duck will
be making his way here.

3 comments:

  1. Kirkintilloch looks kolourful! See you tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poppy, they are so interesting, the scale is such that you can see what is going on.

    I have an uncle who lives in Bearsden and for years all the birthday cards etc that he (and my late aunt) sent were postmarked 'Kirkintilloch'.

    There now, that's left you speechless hasn't it.....?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Kirkintilloch.........
    (hope you've had a great weekend after your bad news, I can't believe they took so long to tell you, gutted for you!)

    ReplyDelete