Wednesday 19 May 2010

Life drawing


I'm afraid I never went anywhere I hadn't been before today but I did go to life drawing with my friend. The sketch above was one done during a series of two minute poses and was one of my favourites. I'll give you a few more samples below.



The one below was a very quick study of a pose that I'd done another drawing of which you can see on Flickr if you're so inclined.



I had charcoal with me today which is my medium of choice. I find it far easier to be less fussy than with a pencil.

Until discovering this place where I go for life drawing, it had been a decade since I had done any and I'm loving it. I felt a bit stressed and down earlier but life drawing takes me out of that. It totally absorbs me. 

Bedtime for me now... 


2 comments:

  1. They're good! I'm glad you had a nice evening :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sketches, they have a nice feel to them. Considerably better than my efforts all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete