Wednesday 16 September 2009

Alexandra Park Fountain

This is Alexandra Park Fountain in Glasgow. It's my local park and I went for a walk there this evening. The light was really beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed wandering around taking lensbaby pictures. Some shots may have been better without the lensbaby but I'm addicted to it and am really enjoying learning how to use it. I quite liked the effect on this image. 
I took a lot more pictures today and will upload them to Flickr later. Some of them were taken using the macro filter and were mainly of flowers. They're not my usual subject matter but I enjoyed it and liked the lensbaby effect so do pop in to my Flickr pictures later. There is a link to them here. 
I uploaded some of yesterday's images to Flickr today. A favourite of my street lensbaby shots was this one:
I'm really quite enjoying this blog thing. I'm enjoying the freedom of being able to post more than one image and I'm looking at other people's blogs more. My friend has a blog called "I hate everything" which I have a link to here. It is about music. He uploaded a video link today which I thought was very funny. It lasts about 20 minutes so you might want to check that out. 
I'm off to play with more of my photos and add a link to the blogs list I have here. Hope you're all having a good Wednesday. The weekend is getting closer and closer!

9 comments:

  1. Hooray for lensbaby! I like both of these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great that there's water in the fountain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the lensbaby effect on the fountain shot. It sounds as though you're taking to blogging and trying new things because of it. Beware - it's very time-consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're getting great effects with that new toy! I loved the video link....of course it meant I stayed up much later than I intended to, what with the extra cup of tea etc etc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hello! - good to see you're still posting if not on the blip thing (i heard that things had gone sour over there?)
    anyway; nice to see your pics here and more than one is a real freedom..
    i still don't know what this lens baby thing is exactly, but i like what it does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you and SD settling in. I am just having a little play here to see how I feel about it, am a bit down about Blip at the moment much as I loved it. This place different feel, I quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you getting this blog sorted with the addition of the Feedjit thingumy, it's quite interesting to see where folk are coming from. Like both of the images, but the fountain one best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to get a lensbaby end of the month - should be fun having a go!

    ReplyDelete