Monday 14 September 2009

Tired

This is exciting as I sent the image from my mobile as an experiment. Blogging on the move - eh!
I took this with my phone and it seemed to convey how I feel today which is very tired. Events over the weekend have left me pretty exhausted. Having said that I'm feeling positive and fairly upbeat.
Some of you are already aware that I learned of something momentous in personal life yesterday. I have become a great aunt! My lovely niece had a lovely daughter. I'm hoping to see her tomorrow and I'm pretty darned excited.
My dear friend Timefragments posted a link on Facebook today which I have added to the side of this blog here. It is to http://gapingvoid.com I liked browser the site and had a look Hugh McLeod's pointers for creative success in a forthcoming book. Number 8 caught my eye. This one is for sleepyduck:
8. Companies that squelch creativity can no longer compete with com­panies that champion creativity.
Thanks to those who have visited, commented and started to follow me. You're a wonderful group of people.


I have had an invitation to join Jane's private blog and I have. Just to let you know if you're looking though that the feeds don't seem to work properly so I cannot see any content after 2005 or images. Do let me know if I've done something wrong as I'm very new to all of this .


Something that some of you may be able to help me with. I have added a slideshow at the side of some selected images I posted on Flickr. I got the feed to recognise them by adding a tag imp1. Sadly this picked up a picture of a Hillman Imp in the middle of my photos. Anyone have any specific instructions on how to add selected images?

9 comments:

  1. I like this shot and I like that quotation :-) I'm tired too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sleep well you two. Enjoy your first visit as a great aunt tomorrow Imp, don't forget to wear the lace cap and mittens if you want to look the part!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it will be a frenzied morning getting a hold of them. Should I also be wearing dark clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, forgot to mention that, definitely below knee length (wrinkly stockings are optional, but a nice touch!).....and if there's the slightest hint of rain carry one of those pack-a-macs you used to be able to buy at all good newsagents and Woolworths!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might be able to get one of those on Ebay... Thanks for the tips ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to blogland! It'll be great to follow your photos on this blog. It looks very good. Congratulations on becoming a great-aunt! I think a crochet shawl and a rocking chair by the fire will be necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. I've got a lot of stuff to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I love that header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi mate - if you set up an album in flickr - then select to link to the user not on a search - then you can drop down the album you want to cycle through - looking good!

    ReplyDelete