Sunday 27 September 2009

More of the lovely man...




Here he is again. I have taken a very similar black and white portrait of him before  but I like this one better as I like the blurring from the lensbaby. He was a sitting duck today (if you'll pardon the expression!) As I'm still not feeling great I haven't set foot outside the house all weekend and don't intend to go out today so Mr Duck was the best option for a photo. In spite of being frequently photographed by me, he is not terrible keen on photos of himself and it can be difficult to get a good expression. Here, he was engrossed in his iPhone. I wanted some more photos and so tried a few other tactics.

Me: "Sing me a song"

Duck: "No"

Me: "Give us a kiss then"

Duck:





This was then followed by what I was after (though I do like kisses too) - the smile:




He does have a lovely smile doesn't he?

Well sadly, it's that day where he's off back home. I'm missing him already. The plan is for a very quiet day today. I'm coughing a lot at the moment - the usual impact of a cold on me since I'm asthmatic. I'm going to drink lots of hot drinks - tea - watch lots of junk on the telly - maybe catch up with episodes of Bones I haven't watched or something else which is suitably undemanding. It doesn't sound like too bad a day ahead.

Have a good Sunday folks!

5 comments:

  1. I wish I could have stayed. Look after yourself and feed yourself lots of tea and junk TV x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely portraits of a sitting duck! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning trio of shots of the duck at rest!! I'm stoked up to the eyes with Lemsips and port (sore throat that came from nowhere, probably no excuse!)I'm thinking a vintage dose of something on the hard drive and a pleasant snooze because I know the script by heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three great shots! Look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a really lovely series of portraits and so natural :o) I'm horrible at have my photo taken and tend to squirm around and hide!
    Hope you feel much better soon xxx

    ps. I've now watched all of 'house' and am all ahhhhhh! It was good. :O)

    ReplyDelete