Thursday 22 October 2009

The outside world at last!



I finally made it out of the house today to a local cafe. It's about a 20 minute walk away for a normal person and a 30 minute walk for me. It was great to see the outdoors! I got to read my book - The Golem - for a bit before my friend K arrived. It's taken me a while to start this book. I think I got it the birthday before last. I wasn't sure about it in the first chapter but I'm really enjoying it now. It's a good translation. If you're interested you can read a review of it here.

Here's K. He was very tired too - similarly afflicted with the lurgy that's going around just now. He's the first human being I've laid eyes on since Sunday who wasn't delivering me a parcel or shopping. (Thank heavens for online shopping!) It was a treat to meet in one of our local nice cafes. That bowl to the right of the picture was full of vegetable stroganoff and lovely fresh organic bread. There was so much I couldn't eat all the bread. Thanks for coming out K!

Now I'm pretty tired again but still not quite as exhausted as I've been and I'm a lot less sore. Looking forward to another quiet evening. It's nearly the weekend folks!


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you managed to get out. Take care of yourself this evening. We can feel sorry for each other in person tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Son went out on his own for the first time in ages yesterday. It really put a smile on his face so I do understand. The e world is a life saver at times but it's no substitute for the real thing. Have a relaxing evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling a little better, and hope that continues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better and managed to get out. Enjoy the weekend! The book does sound as though it would be difficult to get into - interesting, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can smell that stroganoff!

    I am starving, waiting for No1 to return from the Klinik so that I can start diner, still another hour and a half to go!

    Now I can taste it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's catch-up time again.....glad to hear you made it over the doors, doesn't it make a huge difference to see something different?

    ReplyDelete