Thursday 8 October 2009

Trip to the Necropolis



Here is my lovely friend P. We met today and went up to Glasgow's Necropolis - a large old cemetery behind Glasgow Cathedral. It is a wonderful place to walk and to take photos. Both of us were really tired today but making the effort to get out and about was worth it. It was one of those beautifully crisp, perfect autumn days. There was a chill in the air and beautiful sunshine. I (of course) had my lensbaby which may, one day need to be surgically removed... I love this image of P and the colour that her hair is when the sun hits it.

I took a few images I liked. Here is another of P. I couldn't resist taking a picture when the light was making patterns on her face and I'm quite pleased with the result.





Here is another one I liked - this time of the stones.



It's time to think about making some food now. I hope your day has been as good as mine. It's nearly the weekend folks!

5 comments:

  1. Good shots! I wish I could have been there :-) See you tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love walking round graveyards, sounds a bit morbid but they are really interesting places. I went off the idea for a while when I lived on The IOM. I was wandering round the graves one day when it dawned on me that I knew rather too many of the residents!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great portraits, especially the tricky light and shade one. And I like the Victorian (is it?) cemetery statue ... yes, interesting places, although they can be a bit gloomy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was still at school (so we're talking eons ago!) we used to spend a lot of our lunchtimes in the local cemetary, reading Victorian gravestones, walking under the trees.....I always found it a peaceful place to be. Love these shots, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some nice shots. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete