Monday 2 November 2009

Monday in Berlin



This is what the weather was like in Berlin pretty much all day. We walked around a lot for me and I bought a new woolly hat and gloves as it's a good bit colder than it was when we left Scotland. I only took the Canon compact out today as it's so small and handy. I'll probably take the Nikon tomorrow. 


In the evening we went to an Italian restaurant called Vapiano. At first it seemed a little intimidating when you don't speak good German as you were given a card and had to queue at a counter for pasta, another for antipasti, another for pizza and another for salad to order and have your card swiped. We both opted for pasta. It is cooked freshly in front of you. Here is ours being prepared:










By the time we got back to the hotel my feet were very sore. In spite of taking the highest possible dose of anti-inflammatory, I have been getting a lot of pain walking. They felt very hot and looked like this:





I don't want my inability to walk far to inhibit the lovely man's holiday and I can't help getting a bit moany when I get tired and sore but he has been unfailingly patient. Hopefully tomorrow we will walk a bit less. 


Now to cosy up in our posh hotel. There are many more Berlin photos which I'm adding to Flickr in a Berlin set.

3 comments:

  1. Your poor feet. (I can sympathise because Steve's are playing him up a bit at the moment.) Are there are bikes for hire as an alternative to walking, if the terrain's flat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berlin is looking good. It seems that I was lucky with the weather in Cologne last week. No1 is still there and having a great time.

    Those feet do look sore, take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a temptation to walk forever when you're on holiday. But your feet look awfully sore. Have you thought about trying out a tour bus? You can usually hop on and off them when you want - and see more of the city than you would if you were walking.

    ReplyDelete