Thursday 19 November 2009

Wooden mushroom



Today's image is dedicated to Jon who braves the weather and shows us some amazing shots of real fungi. This is a lensbaby macro shot of a little wooden mushroom I have. I like the textures and feel of it. Today was a day that I didn't want to face the 'orrible weather outside so it's been another domestic day with an indoor photo.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about food. One of the things I enjoy at the weekend is making nice food for the lovely man and myself. It's especially nice as I am dieting and my limited calorie intake is relaxed a bit at the weekend. I have lost 5lb in the last 3 weeks. I'm quite pleased with that, particularly when I had amazing desserts on our recent holiday in Berlin. What I'm contemplating making this weekend is a sort of Spanish type dish using black pudding, butter beans and chorizo. If anyone has cooked this kind of thing and has any ideas then let me know, otherwise I shall just make it up as I go along and then I'll let you know how it goes.

Now it's time to make my tea for tonight. Hope you're having a nice time. Not long now till the weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Here's to Jon!

    I'm looking forward to this weekend's food x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cook beans with chorizo quite often, but I've just looked on both my blogs and I don't seem to have posted a recipe. Laura at Mas du Diable posted a recipe yesterday on her Cevenol Kitchen blog - http://cevenolkitchen.blogspot.com/2009/11/chorizo-white-bean-stew.html
    I would add a sautéed onion at the beginning. If you want to use morcilla (black pudding)as well I think it would be best sliced and fried then added on top of the dish when you serve it. Hope this helps. I'm sure it'll be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds delicious....looking forward to the recipe! (I did a paella, so vaguely similar, with a black pudding 'topping/scattering' a while back, crumbled/chopped and fried it with red onions till quite crispy....it worked for me!)

    ReplyDelete