Friday 20 November 2009

Today's yummy meal



This was the meal I planned for this evening that I referred to yesterday. Thanks to chaiselongue for the tips and the link. I more or less did the same as you advised and was suggested in the linked recipe. This meal had a homemade passata base to which I added butterbeans and chorizo and cooked for bit. I then fried chunks of black pudding and added them not long before the end. The roasted veg was sweet potato, butternut squash and potato. What you don't see in the picture is the home made bread that went with it. I was very pleased with the outcome. The black pudding came from Lidl who do a good one which is also inexpensive. I would have liked to work on the photo more but I didn't want the food to get cold.

The lovely man is here and he's looking happy after his food. I am also happy and must now get back to an evening of relaxing. Will catch up with you all later.

7 comments:

  1. I'm very happy :-) Thank you for the yummy food x

    ReplyDelete
  2. When "the lovely man" is there, I am surprised you take the time to do more than the cooking and maybe the photos! All this blogging seems to be interference to the "task at hand" ;)

    My goodness, though - this looks like a fabulous meal. I am ashamed to admit the, very pedestrian, meal I'll be eathin tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delish!! When you across here next? I have the Alla Turca £10 voucher for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, that looks good (I took the easy option last night, one of those unlabelled bags of leftovers you find in the bottom of the freezer....it turned out to be chicken curry!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This all looks wonderful. Glad it all worked! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had an evening sans children for most of last night, sleepovers and the cinema!

    The Children's Mother produced a lovely stew, thanks to one of the Aberdeen calfs relatives! Delicious!

    Yours looks very good, especially with home made bred.

    Oh yes. It's raining.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cold weather food:) I'm hungry now, but i've just eaten half a cow!

    ReplyDelete