Tuesday 24 November 2009

Morning photo



This is an early morning photo (at least early for me) of guys cleaning up leaves at a local train station. It's now one of my best but it's one of the few I took today.

I saw my doc today and he was fairly happy with me which is good. I also then saw my friend P. I was so busy catching up and having a nice time with her that I took no photos. Every time I stepped outside it was raining heavily and really windy so this is the best there is for today. It's so hard to feel inspired to take photos when it is so cold, dark and wet. I know though that the discipline is worth it as I will take some more interesting photos when I make sure I have a camera with me all the time. I know that some of you viewing this are struggling with the same lack of motivation. You are the people who inspire me so don't give up.




7 comments:

  1. That's the case here in Orkney too with the rain and the cold cold grey light. It is dark by about 4 too. Still, I just sat in this evening reading ghost stories in a small pool of light as the elements moaned around the house.
    Maybe tomorrow will be a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this shot. You're right about having a camera with you all the time - it's a habit we should keep up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this - the angle and the way that colours of the jackets and the yellow bin echo the colours of the leaves. You make me feel bad about the complaining I do when we have a day without sunshine, saying 'I can't take photos when there's no light'. I am trying at the moment to make the most of the light that there is, and I know I'm lucky because it's almost always quite bright here! I do always have my camer with me, because you never know when there'll be something to photograph. Keep going, it's only a month till the solstice and then things start getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still like it! (keep packing that camera) And good news from the doc!
    I went all day without a shot for 'the other place'....just nothing 'worked' (and I'd already decided to go with a day-old shot on the blog if nothing better came along....and surprise, surprise, it didn't!) Tell you what, let's collectively blame the weather for lack of inspiration, wish for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not long now until the shortest day, and then we'll be on our way to spring. This time last year we had very many days totally in the cloud, so we're being spoiled rotten this year. At the moment I seem to have got past my feelings about blip by doing a very minimal write-up! Glad all was ok at the drs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LIke the shot.. I haven't taken I picture for two days! As I write this it is P****ng down and blowing a gale outside.
    Is it valid to blame the Government?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Imp, sounds like good news from the doc. A cause to celebrate indeed.

    Know what you mean about the dark weather. Gets me down too. Was totally fed up of taking images indoors that I decided to spice it up a little bit and started playing special effects using different images on different layers in PSE. Give it a go if you have the time - it's fun.

    ReplyDelete