Wednesday 11 November 2009

Visit from a pal



Here's F - another familiar face to those of you who've been following my pictures. I took a few pictures but the fuzziest was my favourite even though I hadn't used the lensbaby!

This next one is him when the tea ran out. Why is he drinking tea with a straw? you ask. He'd been to the dentist and his mouth was numb. That was great for me as I got his recommendation for a local dentist. I need one and my usual dentist is no longer practising. I won't go without a recommendation as I'm terrified!




I got the news today that I didn't get the job I was interviewed for this week. It was a really good letter though, saying that I would be kept in reserve. It was quite a positive experience in spite of not getting the job.

When I was preparing for the interview, I had a nasty encounter with beetles in my house that had got into the iron, of all things. It was revolting and just goes to show that I ought to give up ironing completely. I am now on a cleaning binge to dispose of any other unwanted guests. Back to the scrubbing then...

4 comments:

  1. I love his no-more-tea expression :-) It's a shame about the job, but good that you got positive feedback. Now, get scrubbing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooo.....dentists! (I really need to make an appointment, got a nagging toothache that comes and goes, keep putting it off because I KNOW it'll be bad news!) Glad to hear that something positive came out of the interview even if it wasn't the job, the right one is out there waiting for you, mark my words! I love both shots, but the blurry one best....I relate to blurry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the job - but at least you feel as though you got something out of it. I always thought ironing was a bad idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really tough about the job.

    My dentist is still practising, and when finally gets it right I will go back! Sadly I need to go soon too!

    ReplyDelete