Thursday 26 November 2009

Surprizing and lovely evening





This photo isn't particularly remarkable. I took some better ones this evening but this image says more about my evening than the others which I may put on Flickr later.

This is K who you will have seen before if you have been looking at my pictures for a while. I went to meet him in the early evening in a cafe on Duke Street Glasgow. It's a cafe that has lovely food but when we got hungry K suggesteda new place along the road that he'd heard about.

It turned out that it was an Indian restaurant but that it hadn't quite opened yet. They were happy to feed us though. We had three courses and the food was excellent. It was certainly way above the standard that we can find so close to us but would be in the running in the top ten Indian restaurants in Glasgow as far as I was concerned - perhaps even the top five.

We had a really lovely evening and I really regret that I can't remember the name of the place. I asked so I would know but I'm an old thing that can't keep that stuff in my head too long. The long and the short of it is that we had an unexpectedly good evening with some excellent food and I'm  really excited that we will have a restaurant of that quality near me. If you live in the area then it is on Duke Street in the terrace just along from the Bank of Scotland cash machine (or is it Royal Bank?) and going towards the Post Office.

I have got to get to bed now and get ready for lunch tomorrow with Penny which I'm really looking forward to and then my weekend with the lovely man.I hope you're all having a lovely sleep.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great find and it's really nice that they fed you even though they weren't really open :-) See you later x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love finding a new surprise local eatery, lucky you! The daughter and I found one a couple of weeks ago when we met up for lunch, it HAD been a rather twee tearoom/cafe with a religious air ('Jesus loves you' on the walls and adverts for local church socials and jumble sales!) but had somehow miraculously transformed into a bustling italian bistro with cheap, tasty nosh, italian TV on in the corner and lots of pan clashing. Bliss! Have a lovely lunch and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me , that sounds like the perfect evening. Totally unexpected! I agree with SD, that they fed you when it wasn't really convenient goes an awful long way in my book. Not the service we have come to know and love in Britain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great and so cool that hey fed you - did you have the restaurant to yourselves? Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete