Sunday 17 January 2010

Blast from the past!



I had a mad spell of clearing up today. Unusually for a Sunday (usually a dressing-gown day if I'm in Glasgow) I had an energetic spell and left with the lovely man. I went to Argos and got some stacking boxes and attacked my cupboard. I found this leaflet amidst other remnants of my darkroom photography. I still have a nostalgia for it but am otherwise delighted that we no longer need to hang about with all those chemicals.

Here is my cupboard:




Up until today. It held an old kitchen unit with stuff in the drawers. Using my new boxes, I have been able to get rid of the unit and fit all sorts of things in there that were in the middle of the bedroom for ages - including that folding bike down there! I'm feeling very smug and pleased with myself (so long as I don't think about that big pile of dishes that need done...)

Sorry these are not terribly interesting as photographs but I am planning on setting myself some photographic projects soon and will share these with you. Hope your weekend has been good.

4 comments:

  1. Well done! My weekend was lovely, thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A busy day then! I don't mind one jot about what photos you post, what's important is that they illustrate your day and match the words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the days of darkrooms and chemicals! I couldn't resist the whiff of alchemy and I found in the whole process a touch of magic!

    Whereas, this digital stuff is just way beyond my understanding..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to say I don't miss that chemical business, even if the skin on my hands no longer looks and feels transluscent the way it used to!

    ReplyDelete