Thursday 7 January 2010

Playing with new toys



I set up my new tripod and started playing with my new lensbaby optics. This was my favourite shot. It's taken with the plastic optc. It's terribly flattering when you make everything fuzzy!

I also tried the pinhole optic.




This image was taken using 1600 ISO and a 4 second exposure. Somehow I haven't quite got the hang of what the pinhole optic can achieve.

I also ventured out into the outside world this morning. Here's the train station I waited in for 30 minutes on the way back from the doctor. Boy was that cold!



My visit to the doctor cheered me up. Why? Because he agreed not to weigh me so soon after Christmas! I got a reprieve - hooray!

After that I went shopping. My local supermarket is Somerfields which was recently taken over by the COOP. I think it's improved it. There were some good bargains in meat. I also try to buy ethically when it comes to poultry and they have started stocking "Freedom Foods" which have an RSPCA endorsement. Ducks are half price at the moment.

Don't I live an exciting life? Bet you can't wait for the next installment.

4 comments:

  1. The top shot is my favourite too. I know that the next instalment in your exciting life involves a trip to Edinburgh and you're right, I can't wait for that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already liked that plastic optic, it's a winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shots, although I'm completely innocent of lensbaby and attachments, so I don't know what a plastic optic is, I'm afraid. Enjoy the duck - we eat a lot of it here and it's always delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds more exciting than mine, I seem to be driving a million miles a day through endless snow, for the privilege of shovelling horse muck, yet more snow and freezing to death in the process!

    Never mind, there's always tomorrow....!

    ReplyDelete