Thursday 28 January 2010

Old Chestnut



I haven't been out taking photos so I'm still scanning old negatives. This is a very old chestnut tree that I went to visit with the friend who is pictured here. I have lost contact with her and the photos have reminded me of her again. I'll try to find her.




That was a great day out and I loved the tree. Here's another image for you.




My feeling a bit ill has mutated into a fully developed cold with stuffy dose. It's been another day at home for me. I managed to lose my iPod Touch for 3 and a half hours. I got really frustrated looking for it but, as Sleepyduck pointed out, that means I need an iPad because it will be harder to lose. I can but dream.... It's a very desirable object in spite of a name too closely related to feminine hygiene.

Nearly the weekend folks :-)

4 comments:

  1. Nice old chestnut :-) I shall come and administer some TLC tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magnificent specimen!

    I was reading an article by Carol Drinkwater (The Olive Farm etc.) and there are olive trees in the Middle East which have been accurately dated to around 6000 years old!! Our wonderful Chestnuts and Beeches etc have a a little way to go to match those olives.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ps. The girls think it was me that planted the olives...!
    pps. I am sure that Apple will be delighted to hear you comments on the Ipad!!☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous old tree, and a wonderfully gnarled trunk! Enjoy being looked after at the weekend!

    ReplyDelete