Saturday 30 January 2010

Dow there's an idea


I still have the cold from hell. I am going through bogroll at a rate of knots and I posted a "poor me" post on Facebook at 4 am. There followed a chain of comments including an entertaining story.

I once had sucha a shocking cold, I decided the best way I could make sure I had hankies on me all the time was to hang a toilet roll on a ribbon around my neck! I was at home. I was proud of my clever, practical idea. Then a delivery man came to the house and I completely forgot it was there, until he'd gone........ 

What a great idea, I thought! I really am at the stage of needing it very close to hand all the time. I had no ribbon but a luggage elastic sufficed. I felt a little like a St Bernard with it's keg of brandy and that sparked the idea that this would be an excellent and practical addition to a nurse's uniform - I would suggest that it was extra soft toilet roll for this purpose. It could be useful for the nurse and for her/his patients. 

This train of thought led to my great business plan (and this is where you must stop reading unless you are a trusted regular/friend). My female readers especially will be familiar with the hazards of female anatomy when eating drippy food. Any stray items end up in full view. This could be averted by using the "Napkin Roll Necklace" which would become a fashion accessory for visitors to all the best restaurants. They could be made in all sorts of bold colours and patterns and chosen to match the evening's outfit. Now please don't tell anyone but soon, I think you may see me on Dragon's Den selling my prototype. I will of course share the profits with my Facebook friend. 

In the meantime, this is such a practical solution although not yet fashionable. I suggest for that reason, that if you wish to begin wearing toilet roll or kitchen roll necklaces, that you should do so when you are alone and not expecting a delivery unles, of course, you have already publicly established your eccentricity - as I have. Should you have other people living with you, you may find that you are going public sooner than you intended (see Sleepyduck's blog).

Wonderful accessory, though it is, I hope to stop wearing my necklace soon. 

P.S. I may have a temperature.

Later edit:

Here's a bit of light relief:



3 comments:

  1. Love the way you've run with this Irene....and oh, your photo does show those watery eyes that say 'Ahm no well'.... I continue to wish you a full and speedy recovery. The invention is marvellous, and you're a little gem for maintaining your sense of humour in the midst of all that snot. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just laughed myself silly! You, me Dragon's Den - it's a deal! They'd be idiots not to buy into this. I just love the way you've moved the idea along so much further than my prototype!!! I also think the delirium may be helping your creative genius Irene! Get all the ideas down before you get better! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to say how much I appreciate your commenting on my blog. I really appreciate it and I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete