Friday 8 January 2010

Still Christmas in Glasgow



I'm blogging early today as I'll be spending my afternoon heading to Edinburgh. This was the scene in a misty Glasgow this morning. Boy was it cold! The mist just adds that freezing dampness to already cold air. I have a cosy little flat but it's not warming up so easily now.




I couldn't resist this image and it was almost a shame that I was in a happy mood when I took it. These were both taken with my Lumix LX3 rather than my SLR.

I had a hospital appointment this morning in Orthotics. I have such trouble getting shoes that I can wear without pain due to my arthritis. I was measured and scanned and I will have a pair made. The styles are not particularly exciting but they're not bad either. I'm really excited about being able to have shoes that actually fit for a change and hope it might mean I can walk further. At the moment I am wearing a men's size 7 shoe as they were the only ones that my broad and distorted feet could get into to. I've though of myself as a size 6 or 7. I learned today that one of my feet is a 4 and a half and the other a 5!

When I can move from this huddle on the sofa I will have some of the lovely soup I made yesterday and then I'll be preparing for the trip east. Hope the M8 is ok today!

4 comments:

  1. Good shots! Nice to see that it's still Christmas in Glasgow :-)

    See you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoes are so important aren't they, so I'm glad you were able to get an appointment. I'm definitely a size 7 and have been known to buy the occasional pair of mens shoes as they are just so much better made and much more roomy round the toes. Why are womens toes supposed to be such a peculiar shape?

    ReplyDelete
  3. NIce shots!

    I have always been saddened by the number of women (and young girls) I see whose feet have been damaged by 'fashion' shoes. As you well know, you can have enough problems without deliberately crippling themselves...

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look cold and damp, but they're great photos! Good news about the shoes. Comfortable shoes are essential - I can't buy shoes in France because 41 (7) is considered a man's size, and even men's shoes often seem to have pointy toes here! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete