Monday 11 January 2010

Manky windows



I'm home again in Glasgow and feeling relatively unscathed after my bout of sickness. This picture was taken on the bus home and might give some idea of how dirty the windowscreen of the coach was. The driver kept squirting on it to improve visibility but it just seemed to spread the muck around. It seemed so bad as to be pretty unsafe. A few weeks ago, whenever I was at the station in Edinburgh, they would have a bucket of soapy water and the driver would wash the windscreen before the bus took off. I think they should reintroduce it.

Sorry it's not a very exciting photo but pictures weren't my priority today. I'm glad to be feeling well again and it was lovely to stay another night with the lovely man. Now I think I'll nap in front of the telly... What an old fart I am!

6 comments:

  1. Windowscreen is a fine word :-) Enjoy your quiet night in x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - I'll leave it. It started as windows and then changed it to windscreen - so I thought. You really are a good proofreader you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture.

    Pleased that you are feeling much better. I failed to spot the 'windowscreen' but it is indeed a fine word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look dangerous, but it makes a great picture. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mean windowscreen ISN'T a word?....well it should be! Glad to hear you're better! Nice/filthy pic!

    ReplyDelete