Friday 1 January 2010

Evening trip on New Year's day



We've been having a quiet and pleasant day. It's nice not to be suffering from excesses on New Year's day. We took ourselves off to Portobello where I tried out my new tripod. Here's a picture of the beach taken tonight. We didn't linger too long as it was bloody cold. I still have a bit too learn about using the tripod and taking long exposure images. I should have put it on timer as there was a little bit of shake but it was fun giving it a go.

Here's another shot I liked which was actually taken from inside the car when we were stopped at lights.




What a pleasant and relaxing start to the year. I'm going to be fed soon too. Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. I really like that shot of the beach. Food is on its way x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up, been laid low by a nasty cold (how festive!) They're both great shots but I think I like the second one best, the light is lovely!

    ReplyDelete