Thursday 31 December 2009

Posting in the last minutes of 2009



This photo was taken of nibblies and shiny things at a friend's house this evening. We had a lovely evening but will see in the new year in the house with just two of us. That will be nice too.

Well what was 2009 like? My year began with the usual festive stuff and social things with some lovely people but there was also a lot of stress. I stopped working a bit into the year which has been difficult but   not so hard as it might have been without the wonderful people I have around me and especially without the support of a certain lovely man.




We celebrated four years together and they have passed so quickly. We have a lot of fun and are exceedingly silly when given the opportunity.

I started the year with a plan of posting at least one photo online every day. I missed one day. My project ended up spanning three sites though most photos are on Flickr. In the process, I have got to know many of you online who I count among my friends now. I have met some of you and am sure I will meet others. There are still more who I do not expect I will meet but who have still come to mean more to me than anonymous strangers. Thanks to all of you - especially those of you who look in here on my blog.

The lovely man has supplied me with much of my equipment in the way of presents and hand me downs. He has encouraged and taught me much of what I know about using an SLR.

I wish to continue posting most days but I won't make it a chore so I may miss some. I will also be looking in regularly on those of you I visit most days. I'll be catching up with you tomorrow.

In the meantime, I wish you a wonderful New Year. I have enjoyed your company this year and hope to see more of you in the year to come xxx

3 comments:

  1. You'll be seeing plenty more of me if I have anything to do with it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're so right not to make it a chore....I'll get to the picture-a-day-for-a-year point in a couple of weeks (after thinking I wouldn't last more than a few days!) and it's definitely a time for taking stock...I certainly won't be posting just for the sake of an unblemished record after that, I've already proved to myself I can do it and it'll be more about getting better and learning more. That almost sounds like a resolution, oooer!
    Anyway, enough of that, wishing you and the lovely man a fantastic 2010, health, wealth and happiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed your photos very much for the part of the year that I've been following you on these three sites and congratulate you on missing only one day, but I think you're right not to make it a chore. It's good to have the incentive of publishing photos regularly (I find), but there have to be occasions when it doesn't work. Happy new year! I'm looking forward to visiting your blog during 2010!

    ReplyDelete