Wednesday 23 December 2009

I love snow!



I went out this afternoon to enjoy the snow in our local park. I deliberated over which lens I should take and ended up taking the lensbaby. The woman in this shot had a great device for picking up and throwing the ball for the dog without having to touch it. I thought that was great. It's disgusting enough in good weather but I wouldn't want to handle a slobbery ball in the snow. Wonderful invention!




I wondered where all the birds were when I went to the park and found them in this little hole in one of the ponds - the other was totally frozen over. I felt for them. They must have been really hungry.

In my travels I saw some sledgers.




There are couple of other pictures on Flickr if you want to follow my travels.

My pal F came up tonight and we exchanged presents. It was lovely to see him. He's a traditionalist when it comes to when presents get opened but I'm not. This means I can't open it till he's gone. It was a good pressie - as it always is! I've done my arithmetic and think we've know each other around 28 years. Gosh doesn't time fly!

7 comments:

  1. Hooray for snow! See you tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am sooo looking forward to it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doggie ball tosser device you mention is all the rage here amongst dog owners. It is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't got as much as that! All the best to you and Paul for a very merry Christmas.....enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice set of shots.

    The Children's Mother has a gadget for throwing the dog's bone. It is called JON!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, sorry I haven't been in touch. Do let me know when you are heading up this way. Would be good to meet up. Also wanted to say that I hope you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dog ball gadgets are good, although we haven't got one. We have a very elongated tennis ball type thing on a short rope, which floats as well, although we've had a few adventures with it ending up in trees! Happy holiday to you!

    ReplyDelete