Saturday 19 December 2009

Had to be fast to catch the snow!



This is what it looked like in Edinburgh today five minutes after it started snowing. It was so beautiful with no footprints. Sadly, it was mostly gone and slushy within the hour.

It's been a very sociable day where the lovely man and I did some visiting before Christmas. We saw one of our favourite small people. This picture illustrates just how fast a two year old moves.




It was very low light so I got a lot of blurry images but I kind of like them.

Here's one where he was still for long enough to get a more recognisable shot of him.




I'm beginning to get excited about Christmas. I used to hate it but when I started joining my brother and his family when the children were small, I got to like it. The youngest of those children will soon be 20 but it's still a pleasure to spend time with them. This year the lovely man will be with us too for the whole day  for the first time. I'm looking forward to that.

For now, I'm having a lovely weekend. I'm hoping that there's some pretty snow lying tomorrow so I can get better snowy pictures. Have a good Saturday folks.


2 comments:

  1. I love that shot of my wee pal :-) It was a fun day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw.....what lovely pics of your nephew, I love the blurry one because that's just what they're like, the essence of toddler...I always used to hate my kids 'school' photographs, they never looked right somehow!
    We don't seem to have had any more snow overnight (not that I've poked my head any further than the doorstep when the cat wanted to go out at 7am) but that wind's still icy....y'know I don't think I'm going to be walking far today!

    ReplyDelete