Sunday 20 December 2009

Long bus trip on the M8



This was the M8 between Glasgow and Edinburgh this evening. The poor driver had a bit of a nightmare drive but I thoroughly enjoyed it as I had faith in him. Still, it was tiring and the bus was 45 minutes late getting in.

Here's what the snow looked like at Harthill - not the same quality of photo this time as I took it with my phone.




The wheels really struggled here but the driver got us out of it and we didn't need to push once! There were a few casualties along the route - one accident and several cars stuck in the snow.

Now for some food!

5 comments:

  1. That's a lot of snow. I'm so glad you got home safely. Well done that driver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awful! I'm glad you got home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked a rough journey, I spotted a few bus drivers really struggling last night. I am told that all bus services were suspended in Newcastle today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a hairy journey, glad youdidn't have to push! Have to admit I didn't get far yesterday....even walking/sliding to the corner shop was a huge effort involving lots of 'incey-wincey fairy steps' and route planning through the ice.....and it looks like it's still the same this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's certainly a lot of snow, and well done to the driver. Our snow's just about gone now, until the next lot. Usually we get about three lots.

    ReplyDelete