Tuesday 1 December 2009

Resilience



I left this half of a red onion on a plate over the weekend when I was away. It developed two new sprouts even though I'd cut the top off it. I couldn't throw it away till I'd photographed it as it fascinated me.

I'm still in hibernation though I may venture out this evening but I thought I'd blog just now as it's more fun than writing the vital bit of a job application I'm working on... Ah well. I suppose I can't avoid it for ever.

Hope your week is going well. If I get up to anything exciting later then I may post some more pics.


4 comments:

  1. That onion is weird and slightly creepy. Hibernation sounds very appealing to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plants have such powerful abilities to survive, sprouting onions and potatoes are both fascinating and infuriating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have used that in the soup! Good luck with the job application, I hate those things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Imp, how are things? Love the onion. I've jsut stuck some sprouting ginger in a pot to see what happens.

    All OK here. Wondered if I could tap you for advice though. Am thinking about going lens baby. Any thoughts on what I should go for and avoid? Have been thinking muse or composer and possibly macro, but I'm not sure.

    Anyway, good luck with the application.

    ReplyDelete